Master plan for socio-economic development of Long An province to 2020, vision to 2030 approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 1439/QD-TTg dated October 3, 2012.
The economic objectives of the planning must be achieved:
- The average economic growth rate in the period 2012 - 2030 will reach 12.5%/year, of which the period 2012 - 2020 will increase by 13%/year.
- By 2015: GDP per capita will reach 50 million VND/person/year (about 2,400 USD); the proportion of agriculture, industry and service sectors in GDP structure accounted for 28%, 41%, 31% respectively; state budget revenue in the area accounts for 10% of GDP; the ability to mobilize investment capital from state budget revenues accounted for 28.5%.
- By 2020: GDP per capita will reach 80 million VND/person/year (about 3,800 USD); the proportion of agriculture, industry and service sectors in GDP structure accounts for 15%, 45%, 40% respectively; state budget revenue in the area accounts for 10.8% of GDP; ability to mobilize investment capital from state budget revenue accounts for 29.6%.
- Vision to 2030: GDP per capita reaches 172 million VND/person/year (about 8,000 USD); the proportion of agriculture, industry and service sectors in GDP structure accounts for 7%, 48%, 45% respectively; state budget revenue in the area accounts for 10.8% of GDP; ability to mobilize investment capital from state budget revenue accounts for 29.6%.
Regarding the direction of spatial organization for the development of economic zones, the master plan identifies development:
- Region 1 (Zone of food security, tourism and border-gate economy): includes districts of Vinh Hung, Tan Hung, Moc Hoa, Tan Thanh, Thanh Hoa, Chau Thanh and a part of Thu Thua district. competitive advantage in agricultural production and tourist attraction.
Orientation for strong development in agriculture, forestry and fishery and ensure the development of industry in service of agriculture and rural areas; develop services and industry in border-gate economic zones; ecotourism development; develop Moc Hoa urban area to ensure trade and service exchanges with Dong Thap Muoi and Tan An city.
- Region 2 (Ecological buffer zone): located between two rivers Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay. The primary objective of the identified Zone is to protect Zone 1 from the effects of excessive urban and industrial development of Zone 3; creating a special landscape of land use by combining urban and rural features; reduce pollution for Vam Co Dong and Vam Co Tay rivers and conserve space for development orientation after 2020.
In the immediate future, Region 2 is oriented to agricultural development, with a reasonable land fund for industrial development, ecological urban areas, and intra-provincial transit zones. To build a regional center which is Thu Thua town in order to connect economic sub-regions of the province, between the mainland border gate and seaport. Focus on strictly controlling the development of zone 2 and only allow development in specified areas along the roads and in some other designated areas.
- Region 3 (Urban and industrial development area) including Vam Co Dong river and districts of Duc Hoa, Ben Luc, Can Giuoc, Can Duoc, a part of Tan Tru district in the Lower region, Tan An city and a part of Thu Thua district .
Orientation to focus on urban development and general industry, forming a central urban development corridor in Ben Luc - Tan An and specific industrial cities in Duc Hoa, Can Giuoc and Can Duoc.
Map of economic zoning, development planning
The approved planning is an important basis and orientation for the province to focus on calling for investment and economic development. On the basis of the planning, currently Long An province is developing plans, roadmaps, specific schemes and projects to implement the planning in the coming time. Long An is committed to creating all favorable conditions for businesses and all economic sectors to study and invest in the province.
Long An Economic Zone Authority (LAEZA)